Here are a few observations so far:
- 4 gdiaper covers (gpants) aren't enough for 2 boys, even though Nico is only in them for nap/bed. We need more and I was able to get a two more at a great price, so they are on the way.
- 36 prefolds is MORE than enough for 2 boys. Even when we double up at night.
- Speaking of doubling up-- I really need to have my mother-in-law help me cut/sew some prefolds in half-- I need extra coverage in the front at night, but I don't need it in the back and so two prefolds just makes it too bulky.
- The laundry doesn't really bother me because really, how hard is it to wash and fold a load of diapers every 2-3 days. It's like folding towels. The thing I generally hate about laundry is the folding/putting away. Neither of these is an issue with diapering.
- At Melody's suggestion, I mixed up a box of baking soda with a few drops of lavendar essential oil and just sprinkle a spoonful in the diaperpail after every wet diaper-- it really does cut down on odor I think.
- I absolutely hate changing a poopy diaper with cloth and the toilet swishing still makes me nauseous. I wore rubber gloves today (disposable) and that helped, but then I was sort of negating the environmental benefit of using cloth diapers, now wasn't I? Maybe reusable rubber gloves would work-- and then I could just wash my hands with them on to clean them after swishing... ideas anyone?
- The disposable liners work great for us, but I have used them very infrequently. I would imagine that the case we have will last us a long, long time.
- I actually have buy-in from Nick. He doesn't just approve, he actually participates.