When I say tantrum, I mean TANTRUM. Screaming and hitting and trying to bite and kick. For AN HOUR! (Yesterday was an hour and a half, so at least we're moving in the right direction.)
It reminds me of Nico when he first came home to us. Of course Nico was 2 and ITTY ITTY BITTY, so controlling a raging 2 year old is a different story than controlling a raging 8 year old. Even so-- it's all good. Pray alongside us for peace in his little hurting heart.
On a lighter side, I am pretty sure if this keeps up for any appreciable length of time, Nick and I will be RIPPED the next time you see us. Turns out it takes a lot of core strength to so this job! We've got a whole line of exercise videos we're gonna make:
- -Haiti Fit: Water Toting Edition (Combination of Strength Training with Cardio)
- -Haiti Fit: Attachment Disorder Edition (Core training combined with Martial Arts)
- -Haiti Fit: Trying to Figure Out How to Get on Your Roof Edition (Various gymnastic maneuvers)
- -Haiti Fit: Cardio Edition (includes short interval segments like "Swatting Mosquitoes off You", "Swatting Children off You", "Running to the Bathroom Because you Have Giardia," etc. etc. etc...
- Haiti Fit: Sauna Edition-- This is a relaxation video that includes sitting around your house. Sweating.